A revolutionary program that blends the health benefits of walking with the core principals of T'ai Chi to deliver maximum physical, mental, and spiritual fitness.
In ChiWalking, Danny and Katherine Dreyer, well-known walking and running coaches, teach the walking technique they created that transforms walking from a mundane means of locomotion into an intensely rewarding practice that enhances mental, emotional, and physical well-being. Similar to Pilates, yoga and T'ai Chi, ChiWalking emphasizes body alignment and mindfulness while strengthening the core muscles of the body.
The five mindful steps of the ChiWalking program will get anyone, regardless of age or athletic ability, into great shape from head to toe, inside and out.
1. Get aligned. Develop great posture and better balance.
2. Engage your core. Make back and knee pain disappear.
3. Create balance. Walk faster, father and with less effort.
4. Make a choice. Choose from a menu of twelve great walks such as the Cardio Walk, the Energizing Walk, or the Walking Meditation, to keep your exercise program fresh.
5. Move forward. Make walking any distance a mindful, enjoyable experience, whther you're a beginner or a seasoned walker.
About the author: Danny Dreyer, an esteemed walking and running coach is a nationally ranked ultramarathon runner. He conducts workshops nationwide and lectures frequently at races and events. He is the coauthor, with Katherine Dreyer, of ChiRunning.
Katherine Dreyer brings to this book more than twenty years of experience in the health, personal growth, and fitness fields. She now works with Danny to create ChiRunning, ChiWalking, and ChiLiving programs.